[Catalyst] Catalyst & Class::Std don't play nice?

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Mon Dec 12 19:45:19 CET 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 10:36:59 -0800, Mark Ethan Trostler wrote:
> Howdy,
> 	Has anyone else attempted to use Class::Std & Catalyst?  I want to use a model that in turn uses a class that uses Class::Std & get all sorts of weird
> errors.

Please don't use Class::Std... The benefits of strongly enforced
encapsulation are that namespaces don't clash, not that people
can't poke in your classes. CPAN users don't need babysitting, and
this makes debugging much more difficult (no more Dumper( $obj ))

 /\  kung foo master: /me beats up some cheese: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!