[Catalyst] Calendar Day 9

Sam Vilain sam at vilain.net
Mon Dec 12 22:47:28 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 04:54 +0000, Matt S Trout wrote:
> > >         Why not Catalyst::Plugin::Config::YAML?
> > > A whole plugin to replace 0 lines of code?
> > Yes.  Because it is placed in the main application .pm, not each plugin
> > - and you can configure any and all plug-ins/models/controllers/etc with
> > it.
> Which is what the advent calendar example does. I fail to see your point.

Hmm, so it does, I guess the extra logic in the Config::YAML plugin must
be historic.

I'm surprised I'm being asked to do this tbh.  I would have thought that
the extra benefits would have spoken for themselves.

OK, how about this.  If you use the Config::YAML plugin, and you later
want to change it to use JSON instead, you just need to change one thing
- s/YAML/JSON/.  Or maybe you want to make an LDAP config plugin, no
problem, just s/YAML/LDAP/.  This assumes you don't actually bother
specifying the config file location and the config modules are capable
of autoconfiguring suitably.

Sam.