[Catalyst] Losing subrequest output

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 15:55:46 CET 2005

So I have fixed this... but I don't know how exactly I fixed it...

I had an explicit end statement in the main app module - this did the
standard stuff - check for errors and dump_info, sent to a view, so I
decided this could be dumped in favour of DefaultEnd.

When I made that change my view stopped working.  I do a little extra
magic in the view, overriding the process method, where I play with the
include path (adding on directories derived from $c->request->match to
get a Maypole like template directory heirarchy.

This process method ends up with:-
    return $self->NEXT::process($c, @rest);

which now caused an error:-
        Caught exception "BroadsoftFeature::V::TT did not override
        Catalyst::Component::process at /usr/share/perl/5.8/NEXT.pm line
        75"

so I changed the NEXT to a SUPER and it now all works again... including
the subrequest.

However I am no more enlightened...

	Nigel.