[Catalyst] [ANNOUNCE] Meios Photo Gallery App

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Dec 13 20:10:24 CET 2005

> that it doesn't rely on any external binaries. It has XS code, but at
> least it can be installed completely via a CPAN build of Meios.

Which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask.

Does anyone actually "make install" their catalyst applications? Seems
pointless to me for things like Meios that were designed to just run
after unpacking. 90% of it would be un-reusable (except for
Meios::Gallery/Meios::Photo).

I can't imaging why I would want "make install" to shove crap into my
system, especially things likd root/static, etc.

-=Chris