[Catalyst] Page layout w/Catalyst

john_oshea at wordbank.com john_oshea at wordbank.com
Thu Dec 15 15:30:45 CET 2005

On 15 Dec 2005, at 14:13, Matt S Trout wrote:

> Seriously, though - this is perl, so TMTOWTDI applies. The reason I
> (and I
> suspect a lot of people) first got addicted to Catalyst isn't so much
> because it provides easy ways to do things as that it saves you a
> lot of
> common web app pain but still doesn't get in the way of doing
> things your
> way - or whatever way is best for the problem domain you're
> applying it to.

I suspect a significant number of people don't actually have a "way"
when it comes to web apps. Or are aware that their way is probably
going to result in a complete mess as they realise they've not gotten
"that MVC thing" completely straight in their heads. Which is where
things like the Advent Calendar and people's sample code definitely
help.

And is probably the reason why RoR does so well in attracting new
people, come to think of it.

You can *so* tell this is one of those "My 'friend' has this
problem..." things, can't you?  ;-)

--
John O'Shea
Wordbank Limited