[Catalyst] Catalyst Interface to Tree Structure Pulled from DB.

David Kamholz davekam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 15 23:49:03 CET 2005

I have a fairly sophisticated setup of this sort working for editing
a directed acyclic graph ("forest"). It has a view of the sort you
described and also lets you arbitrarily add nodes to the graph, add
links between nodes, rename nodes, etc. It relies on AJAX -- for
example, when you open a "folder" it calls the server to get the
conents -- but it wouldn't be too difficult to rewrite. My graph is
big enough that it makes sense not to load the whole thing on the
page load, but your case may be different.

The most important pieces for your purposes would be the TT templates
and JS code. The Catalyst end just puts some stuff in the stash and
keeps track of session data (e.g. which branches are open or closed).
The database end goes through DBIC and, at least for the sort of
stuff you're talking about, is not particularly complicated.

Regards, Dave