[Catalyst] Authentication gotchas

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Sat Dec 17 11:32:29 CET 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 19:19:29 -0800, John Wang wrote:

> Perhaps any popular area that is generic
> enough to have multiple solutions should have a pluggable sub-framework?

We could converge on meta-plugin interfaces for all things that
someone could want to use two backends for in the same app... But
this is a lot of work, and arguably over design - in practice we
don't meet this often.

What i think is a better solution is to have component scoped
plugins, which are available through $c or through $self on a per
component basis, as opposed to the whole app.

This let's us get the same flexibility, with a O(1) effort, instead
of an O(N) effort - once per plugin family.

 /\  kung foo master: /me groks YAML like the grasshopper: neeyah!!!!!!