[Catalyst] Insert Multiple rows

Will Smith willbelair at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 16:12:56 CET 2005

Hi Andy -
  Thanks for your time and instruction - But that's not what I want to do. Could I explain one more time:
  Normally on the template, I have 1 box - named Cdname, and this could be added to the table using the do_add sub created by the Scaffold Helper(using the From_Form/As_Form), when I hit enter, 1 new row will be created. Now I run into the case that I need to have on the TT  2 or more boxes of the same name Cdname, so that I could enter in every box the name of the CD and hit enter, then the do_add will insert into the table more than 1 row at a time. I guess this call: Insert multiple rows into the database.
  How can I do this with Catalyst? Please give me some instruction or sample to follow.

  Thank you.

Andy Grundman <andy at hybridized.org> wrote:
  Will Smith wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry to ask the question one more time.
>
> How could I insert multiple rows? On the template I have input boxes of
> the same name that allow user enter more than one value at a time, and
> need to insert those into the db.
> Anyone could give me some guide or sample? Deeply appreciated
> ps: The moderators please do not get mad.

I think you're really asking how to get multiple values for form
elements that have the same name:

my @values = $c->req->param('foo'); # array
my $values = $c->req->param('foo'); # array ref
my $values = $c->req->params->{foo}; # array ref

-Andy

http://mail.yahoo.com