[Catalyst] Catalyst In A Box

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Dec 20 02:00:54 CET 2005

Since it was my bright idea, I took a first crack at a downlodable zero
install version of Catalyst. It's for those who would like to try out
Catalyst without spending time installing or upgrading things. In
theory, it will make life a little easier for people trying to get the
various bits into their home folder in a shared host.

Doenload the gzipped tar at:
http://handelframework.com/downloads/CatInABox.tar.gz

To get started, simply unpack the tar.gz into a locaiton of your choice.
On Windows, double-click start.bat. Under *nix, in your favorite shell,
simply run ./start.sh. This will setup PERL5LIB and PATH to use the new
bits.

>From there, it's game on as usual:

	catalyst.pl MyApp
	cd MyApp
	script/*create.pl view TT TT
	script/*server.pl -r
	perl Makefile.PL
	make test

This package includes:

	Catalyst 5.61
	Catalyst-View-TT 0.20
	Catalyst-Plugin-FillInForm 0.06*
	Catalyst-Plugin-FormValidator 0.02

*FillInForm requires HTML::Parser 3.25 or above which has compiled XS
code. If you are not loading the FillInForm plugin in your app, Catalyst
will use the older non-xs version of HTML::Parser (also included). So
far, I've only included the win32 version ot HTML::Parser until I figure
out what I'm doing. :-)

-=Chris