[Catalyst] Catalyst In A Box

Steve Knoblock knoblock_private at city-gallery.com
Tue Dec 20 05:31:53 CET 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:24:16 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>theory, it will make life a little easier for people trying to get the
>various bits into their home folder in a shared host.

I must have joined just in time. <grin> I welcome the idea of a "in a
box" setup and comments like "make life easier ... shared host" are
music to my ears.

I am looking for an easy way to get Catalyst running on a shared host
(pairNetworks).

I wanted to give Catalyst a tr after reading the website. I was
attracted to the flexibility, simplicity and elegance of the design
and thought this is something I should look into. I had been thinking
of moving to Ruby/Rails but that would mean changing hosting
providers.

I have not had any luck with CPAN install on my shared host. I've
installed many modules from CPAN without any trouble. I keep a local
directory for CPAN installs and setup my arguments for the local path,
but Catalyst started CPANPLUS, began asking for configuration after
initially loading some modules, it then kept asking questions to setup
CPANPLUS, the asked to install some modules for Catalyst, then it went
into a loop of displaying errors, doing the CPANPLUS setup over and
over.

BTW I read the FAQ about setting the PREFIX, but was left more
confused than when I started.

Steve