[Catalyst] First stab at Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::LdapBindPassword

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 13:46:29 CET 2005

I'm not sure how common this requirement is, but I want to have my own
database of users for an app, but I don't want to deal with holding yet
more passwords, so I am authenticating against an active directory/LDAP
server purely by checking they can bind to the server.

So I took the old Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Ldap module,
stripped it down, and made it into a module that exactly replaces the
functionality of Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::Password
so that it works within the new Authentication/Session handling stuff.

This works for me (tm).  I am using it paired with the Htpasswd stuff,
but may move to DB based users shortly.

Is this of general use - should I clean it up and package it, or would
someone like to adopt it?
Alternatively should it do things differently etc...

To make it clear its not using content data from the LDAP server I named
it LdapBindPassword - it purely uses the bind to authenticate.

The module is pretty short so I have attached it.

[I'm on vacation after today so don't expect instant replies...]

	Nigel.