[Catalyst] AJAX example ?

John Wang johncwang at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:32:46 CET 2005

On 12/21/05, raptor <raptor at tvskat.net> wrote:

> hi,
> I'm tring this example :
> http://www.dev411.com/wiki/AJAX_Select_Chaining_with_Catalyst
>
> but no success..

There were two typos however I'm not sure they affected you since you
weren't getting any JS. One was in the page.tt template and the other was in
the controller. The wiki has been fixed and I have it running with those
changes.

I didn see any Js-code in the genrated displayForm page ?
> What have to be installed for AJAX to work ?

If there's no JS code, you probably need HTML::Prototype and
Catalyst::Plugin::Prototype. In the page.tt template, [%
c.prototype.define_javascript_functions %] will insert a lot of JS, however
TT won't report an error if it can't find c.prototype. In your app you need:

use Catalyst qw/Prototype/;

I should probably get rid of the separate Controller in the example....

HTH,
John