[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication under ActivePerl 5.8.7.813

Will Hawes info at whawes.co.uk
Thu Dec 22 19:12:03 CET 2005

Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> I've had this problem with AS perl as well. Since they only have lib and
> site, their @INC is strange. On some versions, it looks in lib first,
> which means anything you upgrade that goes into sitelib gets ignored in
> favore of the original in lib. List::Utils was one, and File::Spec was
> another problem child for a while.
>
> I send support an email a long time ago about why their lib and sitelib
> is reversed in @INC, and I was told is was so you didn't have collisions
> when multiple versions/sitelibs were installed, which seemed like a
> silly answer for 99% of the AS users in windows because their installers
> won't do more than one version at a time.
>
> -=Chris

I compiled Perl 5.8.7 from source on Windows today and it places
C:\Perl\site\lib before C:\Perl\lib in @INC by default.

It isn't entirely obvious how that can be changed - the docs explain how
to add to both ends of @INC, but not how to change the order of the
default paths without hacking @INC in your script.

If someone knows how to do this I'd like to be told :-)