[Catalyst] Next steps

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Fri Dec 23 04:41:51 CET 2005

Hi folks:

   I now have the bits up and seemingly talking to the database.  Took a
few hours off to think about why the myapp_create.pl would error out
when creating the Model.  Seems that a good log off/log on fixed
everything (not sure why, possibly a running server instance).

   I am building a main page which serves as the login page for the
system.  I am assuming that it makes more sense to have this go through
a login/authentication controller than to do this in the main module.
Is this correct?  I think I have seen this both ways now (suggestions of
using a controller, and the documentation on
http://search.cpan.org/~sri/Catalyst-5.61/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Cookbook.pod#Require_user_logins
which suggests doing this in the main module).

   Basically I want to have all access to the system go through the
login system (with timed sessions), and implement roles from there (end
user, admin).

   Any thoughts on whether the separate controller is needed/desired?

   Thanks!

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D