[Catalyst] App can't render Mason templates after moving to Apache

Michael Richards mdrichards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 07:03:59 CET 2005

[fixed top post]

On 12/22/05, Mike Marcus <mmarcus at broadband.com> wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2005, at 7:56 PM, Alan Humphrey wrote:
>
> > You should confirm that the temp directory used by Mason for
> > caching is
> > writable.
>
> As suggested, Catalyst was updated to 5.6.1,  as well as
> Catalyst::Engine::Apache. I double-checked the directories for
> permissions settings, and am still not having any luck. As a test, I
> created a simple Template Toolkit application and tried to deploy it
> on the Apache server. Again, I ran into the same issue - the
> application works fine on the Catalyst test server, but when I run it
> on Apache I get the error:

Just to clarify, in case it wasn't... you should confirm that the temp
directory used by Mason is for caching is writable *by Apache*. If it
was created by the test server running under your UID, and you did not
delete it before moving to Apache, it is very likely that Apache can
not write to it or the files within it (since they're owned by you,
not the user Apache is running as).