[Catalyst] Can't locate object method set_db

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 23 18:25:08 CET 2005

Forgive me is this has been addressed already. I've been offline awhile, building Kubuntu debian. I installed Catalyst 5.61 and company using CPAN.pm, and am working thru sri's MoviesScaffoldingDemoTranscript, trying to build the Cataculous demo.  I first got this error: Couldn't require loader class "Class::DBI::Loader::SQLite", "Can't locate Class/DBI/SQLite.pm in @INC  He's looking for Class/DBI/SQLite.pm instead of Class/DBI/Loader/SQLite.pm, which is where SQLite.pm is installed.  As a workaround I made a symlink to SQLite.pm at Class/DBI/SQLite.pm.  Now he finds SQLite.pm OK, but other things break:  perl at bigtux:Cataculous$ script/cataculous_create.pl model CDBI CDBI dbi:SQLite:/home/perl/cat_tut/Cataculous/cataculous.db <snip> Subroutine _db_class redefined at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/Class/DBI/SQLite.pm line 39. Subroutine _relationships redefined at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/Class/DBI/SQLite.pm line 41. Subroutine _tables redefined at
 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/Class/DBI/SQLite.pm line 89. Can't locate object method "set_db" via package "Cataculous::Model::CDBI::Hint" at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/Class/DBI/Loader/Generic.pm line 195  I've spotted a ref on maypole.perl.org/?FAQ "Are you sure you installed the appropriate Class::DBI::* module" and yes, I have installed Class::DBI::SQLite.  Help?  /dennis