[Catalyst] "Catalyst - The Definitive Guide" and the "Catalyst Cookbook"

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Fri Dec 23 20:57:24 CET 2005

> >    1) Building the first 80% of anything is usually easy, it's the last

> > 20% that eats you alive.
>
> Something seems wrong with that math.
>
> Last time I did something it seems like the 80% part took longer than
> the 20% part.  Almost four times longer, IIRC.
>

> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley at hank.org

I think he is saying (which IMHO is almost always true) is that in any
project about 80 -> 90% of the work is easy and takes little time or
thought.  The remaining 10 -> 20% is where you get bogged down and hit road
blocks or tough issues.  I think your response assumes that every portion
of the project is just as time consuming as every other portion -- I have
never found that to be the case.

-Wade