[Catalyst] question on how to automagically set the Mason component root for C::V::Mason

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Dec 26 17:28:49 CET 2005

Hi folks:

   I am working on our application now, and learning all sorts of things
(this is good :) ).  What I don't quite grasp yet is how to
automatically/automagically set the Mason component root in the module.
  That is, I want to be able to distribute the application as a Perl
module, and install it in the usual manner.  So after a "make install",
I want it to be able to run with as little human interaction as possible.

   That said, Mason needs to know two major bits of information: 1)
where the Mason component root is (your templates and subcomponent
assemblies), and 2) where the Mason cache directory is.

   I have some default locations I usually assign these to, but I was
hoping to avoid hardcoding things like this.  Would it be better to
simply hard code them, or build in defaults that can be adjusted when
incorporate into mod_perl/fastcgi?  Any clues on how to do this?

   Thanks!

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D