[Catalyst] still not sure if I have the hang of this ...

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Dec 27 21:14:57 CET 2005

(I haven't used DBIx::Class and its ilk before so this might be a dumb
question)

I create a form.  I submit with that form.  I see the request go to the
test server with the data.

Now I want to take this data and stuff it into one of my model's tables.
  I presume it is something like

	__PACKAGE__->find_or_create({ key1 => $value1, key2 => $value2, ...} );

from the controller.  This seems wrong to me though, in that wouldn't we
want to go through the model?  I think I am missing something
fundamental here.

Is there a really dumb/simple example out there for perusal which
demonstrates taking data from a form and putting it into a database
using Catalyst?  I can't seem to wrap my mind around the correct method,
as I don't see an example of it.  I looked through the Agave site, and
it seems to be missing a few of the methods (addcomment is pretty much
what I want to see, but it doesn't appear to be in the tree).

Thanks.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D