[Catalyst] Catalyst Selling Points

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Wed Dec 28 13:48:52 CET 2005

Krzysztof Krzyzaniak wrote:
> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>>> If you first spend some hours to install all dependencies :>
>>>

>> CatInABox.
>
> It could be handy, really.
>
> BTW do you know how many perl modules one need install if one want to
> run Catalyst with View::TT, Model::DBIC, Engine::Apache,
> Session::Store::File i Authentication::Store::DBIC?
>
> More than 60.
>
>   eloy

Yeah. It really is daunting. CPAN is Perls best attribute, and worst
curse IMHO. It brings flexibility and reusibility, but makes is a pita
the just download an app. I think a small part of the RoR success is the
fact that they don't have CPAN, and don't have very many places/things
to install to get up and running.

-=Chris