[Catalyst] New Catalyst slogan

José AUGUSTE-ETIENNE jose.auguste-etienne at cgss-guyane.fr
Wed Dec 28 15:05:39 CET 2005

Le mercredi 28 décembre 2005 à 13:24 +0100, Sebastian Riedel a écrit :
> That were a lot of suggestions, but imo none was "catchy" enough.
>
> I suggest just changing one word in the current slogan, from
> "Catalyst - The Elegant MVC Framework" to "Catalyst - The Elegant
> Perl Framework".

IMHO, "MVC" should not be dropped,
because when I first took a look at Catalyst,
MVC also meant many things to me such as :

- easier to maintain
- clean webapp design

and I guess i'm not the only one.

> That could work very well marketing wise, because of Perl's
> "reputation" of not being elegant by itself. (which as we all know
> just depends on the programmer...)

well, I think that Perl's reputation is also "cryptic".

Perhaps, something like :

Catalyst - Simple Perl MVC WebApp Framework

HTH,
José