[Catalyst] POD patches or internals section in the wiki ?

Gavin Henry ghenry at perl.me.uk
Fri Dec 30 18:24:03 CET 2005

<quote who="Dominique Quatravaux">

>>> [...] I hope that my feedback is helping to make the docs for
>>> Catalyst as good as the framework itself.
>>

> Andreas Marienborg wrote:
>
>> That, I believe, is the goal of a lot of people :)
>
> Speaking of which, is it OK if I submit sketchy, unfinished POD
> patches on whatever I manage to grok about Catalyst's various modules
> and subs? Or would my efforts be more productively spent contributing
> to a new "internals" section in the Wiki?

I suggest patches on existing POD, that are finished and that they
definitely add or make what is already there easier to understand.

If you feel like writing or combining your POD work into a chapter for the
Guide, then that would be greatly appreciated!!

> I guess the answer depends a lot on the expected final look of the
> documentation (more like a standard POD treatise or more like a book).
> I respectfully submit that I prefer the built-in docs to be of the
> former kind (I can buy a book as a side help but I need a searchable
> reference manual).

I think they will be a bit of both, but if we get the "Guide" and
"Cookbook" good enough, you won't need to buy a book.

Gavin.

--
Walking the road to enlightenment... I found a penguin and a camel on the
way..... Fancy a yourname at perl.me.uk? Just ask!!!