[Catalyst] More complex Class::DBI::Sweet usage?

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Sat Jul 2 18:22:49 CEST 2005

Matt S Trout wrote:
> Base Class::DBI, yes. Class::DBI::Sweet, not always - and I'm planning to
> do more to allow resultset-oriented things rather than record-oriented things
> in Sweet later. I suspect Sweet will be much easier to build a decent view
> layer on that Class::DBI itself is - but feel free to dis-believe me until
> I show you the code :)

I like what you did with prefetch.  If you want to get into more exotic
queries where things don't map as well to individual CDBI objects, you
may need some sort of new concept, like a class that represents a row in
a report.  It could be similar to an on-the-fly CDBI class, with has_a
relationships for the normal CDBI objects that are in the row.

- Perrin