[Catalyst] FYI: current virus spoofing this list

Danijel Milicevic Danijel.Milicevic at rawmode.org
Sun Jul 3 09:19:31 CEST 2005

Hello list,

you may have recieved recently a mail like this:

FROM: service at lists.rawmode.org (spoofed)
> > Dear user catalyst-bounces,
> >
> > You have successfully updated the password of your Lists account.
> >
> > If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with
> > your account, please contact Lists customer service at:
> > service at lists.rawmode.org
> >
> > Thank you for using Lists!
> > The Lists Support Team

> > +++ Lists Antivirus - www.lists.rawmode.org

Of course this email was spoofed and contains a virus, like most MTA
antivirus scanners will determine and add to the header something like:

You can expect that you'll never recieve a archive/executable or
whatsoever from me or a other admin/moderator of this list. Also other
header fields will reveal that such emails are spoofed, for example the
Message-Id.

Regards,
Danijel Milicevic