[Catalyst] Apache hangs?

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Sun Jul 3 21:08:39 CEST 2005

James Tolley wrote:
> On 7/3/05, Will Hawes <info at whawes.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>... Apache on Win32 will often hang if large quantities of data are written to the error log
>>Turning off debugging under Catalyst is a workaround.
>

> This was the issue. I haven't tested it under Linux yet, though...

Good to know.  Linux shouldn't have any problems, although keep in mind
that if using -Debug, there is a small memory leak in Catalyst.  You
should not run production sites under Apache with -Debug.

You can use code like this to run -Debug when in development mode and
non-debug under Apache (production):

use Catalyst;
my @plugins = qw/FormValidator Session::FastMmap other plugins here/;
push @plugins, '-Debug' if ( $ENV{USER} );