[Catalyst] Introductions all around

Matt S Trout catalyst at trout.me.uk
Thu Jul 7 19:20:34 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 08:42:36PM -0800, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 July 2005 20:24, Andy Grundman said something like:
> > Currently, prefetch only goes 1 level down, it will load as many
> > has_a or might_have columns of the current object as you ask for.
> > Matt's got plans to add support for going farther than that though,
> > so stay tuned. :)
>
> Cool.  Right now, my (currently) limited imagination can only see uses
> for one level down, so that should be fine.  When I run into needing
> more, I'll yell. :)

Indeed I do have plans. I also have general ideas about multiple joins,
but think the code probably needs refactoring first.

If there's anything you would like to be able to do with cdbi/sweet but
currently can't I'd be extremely interested in use cases and for preference
samples of "it would be nice if I can write this code and have it work". I
make no guarantees that anything will get added but I'll try and provide
extension hooks in the main code that makes it at worst a dozen-line
plugin :)

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk