[Catalyst] Class name rewrite

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Mon Jul 11 01:11:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm continuing to port my work apps to Catalyst. I've realized that
Catalyst does not give you a choice in how it names autogenerated
classes. In my case, it's a problem - the data for class Job for
application named GA is stored in the table GAJob. It's easy to
distinguish between tables for different applications if the table names
are prefixed, but I don't want to see the prefixes in the class names.

I've worked around this by overriding the
Class::DBI::Loader::Generic::_table2class method in the manner suggested
by James Tolley a week before. However, I wish the framework let me to
do this explicitly.

Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81