[Catalyst] Class name rewrite

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Tue Jul 12 00:33:52 CEST 2005

Danijel Milicevic wrote on 07/11/2005 01:49 PM:

>>I'm continuing to port my work apps to Catalyst. I've realized that
>>Catalyst does not give you a choice in how it names autogenerated
>>classes. In my case, it's a problem - the data for class Job for
>>application named GA is stored in the table GAJob. It's easy to
>>distinguish between tables for different applications if the table names
>>are prefixed, but I don't want to see the prefixes in the class names.

> I'm a bit confused. Wouldn't simple renaming of the autogenerated
> classes solve your problem here? If you want to specify a class name for
> each table it would be even more work (typing-wise). Remember Catalyst
> will pick up every module in C/ M/ or V/ as long as it has the "use
> 'Catalyst::Base';" line.

Daniel,

I may not have a model file for each table - I'll create one only if I
need to add extra methods to the class generated by the loader.

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81