[Catalyst] [META] #catalyst banning policy

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Wed Jul 13 12:14:25 CEST 2005

Hi!

I was on #catalyst the other day. After I asked someone if he can commit a
small patch I wrote and placed on Catalyst's Trac, I was banned (by someone
else). After I talked with him in private, he said he banned me because my
modules sucked, my patches sucked, and that I gave bad advice at the channel.
After that he asked if people want to unlift my ban, and then he got banned
too.

The supposed suckage of my modules and patches has nothing to do with IRC
abuse. And I would appreciate any input people have on them on the #catalyst
channel. (Which cannot be given if I'm banned.) And being a Catalyst newbie,
I did not give too much advice and the one I gave was not wrong.

I'm trying to write an application using Catalyst now, and can use some
real-time help such as the one I can get on IRC. If you want Catalyst to be
taken seriously, you should make sure its channel is free of such petty
IRC-wars, and that people are banned only due to IRC abuse.

(And please lift the ban on *shlomi*@*bezeqint.org, because I still can't join
the channel).

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il

Tcl is LISP on drugs. Using strings instead of S-expressions for closures
is Evil with one of those gigantic E's you can find at the beginning of
paragraphs.