[Catalyst] context in ::V::TT::new()

Todd Holbrook paradawks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 22:00:27 CEST 2005

On 7/19/05, Perrin Harkins <perrin at elem.com> wrote:

> snip <

> > >Actually, after preparing this I discovered I may not be able to use
> > >this after all without doing some other changes as it doesn't pick up
> > >when a template has been deleted.  I guess it keeps serving it out of
> > >a cache.  Unfortunately my application has a separate maintenance
> > >system that allows (trusted) administrators to modify/delete templates
> > >using a web tool.
>
> It might not catch deletes.  It does catch modifications.  If deletes
> happen often and you need them to be reflected immediately, you could
> subclass the Template::Provider to check for that.  (I think that's the
> right class.  Might be worth asking on the TT list to see if anyone did
> this already.)

Thanks, Perrin, that's exactly what I did this morning.  It involved
subclassing Template::Provider to rewrite part of _fetch_path() and
then making sure Catalyst::View::TT was using the new Provider.  I
found a partial solution on the TT list, but it only worked after the
template was hit twice and didn't seem to clean up the doubly linked
list properly.

Todd
--
Todd Holbrook