[Catalyst] Begin action not called

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Fri Jul 22 22:18:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

Could you please verify that the 'begin' action in the application
is called even if a controller class has an action matching the request?

It does not work for me, and when I look at the code in
Catalyst::Dispatcher::dispatch, here's what happens: if an action is
present, the code sets the $namespace variable to the name of the class
that defines the action. It's the short name ('entry'), not the Perl
package name ('My::App::M::Entry'). Then it calls get_action() which, I
suppose, should retrieve *some* 'begin' action, from the class 'entry'
or from the application. If the class 'entry' has a 'begin' action, it's
called, but the application's 'begin' is not.

Am I using it in a wrong way? Does it work for anyone?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81