[Catalyst] Branding - or path prefix

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Jul 30 18:07:05 CEST 2005

Here's something else related to URL mapping I've been wondering
about.  On some sites in the past I've had the need to prefix all
paths with something that affects the entire application.

Examples might be for co-branding, providing a sub-selection of data
from the site, or simply prepending a template path to the normal
template search path.

So, a "normal" url might look like:

    http://localhost/some/path/to/action

and instead prefix with "blue":

    http://localhost/blue/some/path/to/action

Catalyst's controllers would work exactly the same, but the view
would know to unshift $root/templates/blue onto the template include
path.

I've done this kind of thing in the past with a mod_perl
PerlTransHandler, but I'm wondering if there's a way to handle this
in Catalyst.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org