[Catalyst] Catalyst and modperl

Sam Vilain sam at vilain.net
Sun Jul 31 03:09:56 CEST 2005

Andy Grundman wrote:
>> Is it true that, currently, you can't have more than one
>> Catalyst-based application running under modperl?  Something to do
> I believe the only issue is that you cannot run more than one instance
> of a single Cat app under the same mod_perl server.
> Multiple different apps are no problem, and in fact right now I've got 2
> Cat apps in production under the same mod_perl server, so I know it
> works. :)

Of course, one of the great things about Catalyst is because it
implements pretty much everything essential to request processing,
logging, dispatch management, etc, then it really doesn't matter which
framework you run it under.

Not working with Apache/mod_perl?  Run it under lighttpd+FastCGI.
Frameworks like Catalyst put the web server back in its rightful place -
an application switch and response buffer.

Sam.