[Catalyst] Branding - or path prefix

Zbyszek Lukasiak zby at zby.aster.net.pl
Sun Jul 31 16:08:31 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 03:28:35PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:

> If you're using Apache, I think I'd do this with
>
> <Location /en>
>   PerlSetVar LANGUAGE en
> </Location>
>
> and pull it out the env. var. in the application code.
First I did it that way - but then I decided that I rather have it in
the application code because this way it will be easier to test, install
and change. I can use what ever engine for the development.

Generally I think that the application should contain as much of the logic
as possible, and configuration via apache should be avoided since this
is some unnecessary dependency.

-- Zbyszek