[Catalyst] Cygwin Catalyst Demo

samwyse samwyse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:06:56 CEST 2005

On 6/6/05, Danijel Milicevic <Danijel.MIlicevic at rawmode.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 05.06.2005, 15:45 -0500 schrieb samwyse:
> > I saw Jeremy Silva's advice on getting the Hops demo running under
> > win32.  Does anyone have any similar advice for Cygwin users?  I'll
> > dig some more, but it looks like the problem is with "use
> > Cache::FastMmap;" only in this case it seems to be causing the CPAN
> > installation to fail.  Anyone (especially CPAN experts) have any
> > ideas?
>
> You might wanna take a look at the march 2005 archives of this list and
> read up on the C::FastMmap discussion. As a suitable alternative we'd
> recommend using Cache::Cache, descriptions on how to switch have been
> mentioned during the discussions in march as well.

All of the discussions seem to assume that the cpan installation
worked.  I seem to be dying during the install process.  As a result,
several pieces aren't getting installed in their final destinations.
I guess I could try using the 'force' flag, but I always hate doing
that.

Some background:  I'm using a Windows laptop with Cygwin installed to
do development for Apache on a Unix server, so I can live with poor
performance.  I don't care about IIS, so since
Catalyst::Plugin::Session::FastMmap is a plug-in, can I just delete it
after I've downloaded the Bundle?  Or can I delete it from the Bundle
itself?

Thanks!