[Catalyst] Re: Controllers vs Models

Justin Tocci jtocci at tocci.org
Mon Jun 6 19:40:52 CEST 2005

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Closer to me or David?
Is '"domain" knowledge' referring to business logic or flow control
or something else?

I agree that flow control is necessitated by the web in a way that
was unnecessary for desktop apps. However, in a simple desktop app,
flow control is often left up to the user. They get a menu and can go
where they wish. But more complex apps have always said they need to
log in first, etc... Hmm, ok, this would be business logic more than
flow control too I think.

Ah-hem. I agree that flow control is necessitated by the web in a way
that was unnecessary for desktop apps. ;-)

By the way, what was the Model before it was "just a set of database
access objects"?

justin