[Catalyst] ModPerl 1.99 problem

Marcello m.romani at spinsoft.it
Tue Jun 7 11:48:45 CEST 2005

Hi,
     I'm trying to make a simple Catalyst app run under
apache-2.0.54/mod_perl-1.999.21 (WinXP SP2, activePerl 5.8.6, build 811)
The error log file reports:

Can't locate object method "boot" via package mod_perl at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/Constants.pm line 8.\n

Somewhere the mod_perl 1 module Apache::Constants is being loaded, but I
can't find where (grep -R 'Apache::Constants' C:/Perl/site' doesn't show
anything wrong).

I've searched around the net and in the docs, but I can't find solution
to this.
The app runs fine using Catalyst's test server (i.e. <app_name>_server.pl)
The framework loads the MP19 engine (this is correct); I've also tried
to specify the MP20 engine, using the -Engine option, but that didn't
change anything.

I guess I'm doing some stupid mistake, but I can't find out what.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance

Marcello