[Catalyst] Class::DBI::Sweet LIMIT clause with placeholders

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Wed Jun 8 23:51:15 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 13:18 +0200, Christian Hansen wrote:
> I think you copied to little code from Class::DBI::Sweet.

If it was a little more modular...

There are things from it that I don't want, like the way it makes all
searches use SQL::Abstract.  That may grow on me, but right now it feels
like overkill.  Also, I don't want the caching and UUID stuff, and don't
feel like paying the performance and memory overhead for it.

I'd like to see count and limit functionality added to Class::DBI, but I
don't think the limit implementation here will be accepted, because it
puts the database-specific stuff into the main code.  The structure
established for Class::DBI is to put that sort of thing into the
subclasses like Class::DBI::mysql.

Anyway, I'm glad you made the code available, because I have taken
useful things from it.

- Perrin