[Catalyst] cannot install Catalyst on perl 5.6.1

Srinivasa Mullangi mullangi at rocketmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:09:23 CEST 2005

We have Perl 5.6.1 on our production machine.
When I try to install Ctalyst I get this Error in 'Perl Makefile.PL'

 * ERROR: Version 5.006001 of perl is installed, but we need version >= 5.008001
ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES.  You may wish to install the versions
 of the modules indicated above before proceeding with this installation.

I did 'make' anyway but 'make test' is generating the following error for all the tests:

t/component/controller/action/regexp.........Initializer for response must be hash reference at /root/Catalyst-5.23/blib/lib/Catalyst/Engine/Test.pm line 51

Is there any workaround to make Catalyst work on perl 5.6.1.
Upgrading is not an option right now.

Thanks
Srini