[Catalyst] Serving static content

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 11:05:54 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:56:10AM +0200, Marcello wrote:
> Static content would be better served by apache than any mod_perl app,
> but moving it out of Catalyst you end up having no static content when
> using script/MyApp_server.pl; also, no auth checking would be performed
> on those files.

Assuming I put my static content into /static, am I right in thinking
that if/when I move to apache/mod_perl, I can just insert a <Location>
for /static so that it's handled by the server, and thus these requests
never make it to the Catalyst app?

Until that point, during development, Catalyst gets those requests, and
just knows to serve them statically itself ..

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk