[Catalyst] arguments to default methods

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Wed Jun 22 12:29:15 CEST 2005

The default private method isn't working quite like I expected.

I have a class like this:

package Poli::C::PetitionEditor;

sub default : Private {
    my ( $self, $c, $method ) = @_;
}

I expected $method would contain "list" for the
URL /petitioneditor/list, but it actually comes up empty.

It works if I change it to this:
sub petitioneditor : Global {

I was hoping to avoid the redundancy though.  Is there a way to make the
default method get these arguments, or am I misunderstanding how it's
supposed to be used?

Incidentally, the Manual::Intro does say that this only works for "regex
actions keys with '^' and '$' anchors", but the CRUD docs show it
working with a global method, and it does seem to work fine with global
methods.

- Perrin

- Perrin