[Catalyst] New CRUD/Scaffolding module

Lars Balker Rasmussen lars at balker.org
Thu Jun 23 21:51:03 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:30:34PM +0200, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> Am 23.06.2005 um 20:13 schrieb Perrin Harkins:
> >Does this have an advantage over an inheritance approach?  It does
> >force you to look at the code, but it will also lead to more duplicate
> >code if you use it for multiple tables.
>
> So this code generator is just meant to be a starting point,
> scaffolds should really just get you started!!!1

I much prefer the "copied code" over an unintelligible "do_magic_here()"[1],
precisely because scaffolding should be a starting point.

With basic CRUD in place, it's easy to extend/change the MVC, rather than
having to "guess" how do_magic_here() does it, or how to do it from scratch.

[1] Yes, I'm looking at you, rails' "scaffold :classname".
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                        Consult::Perl