[Catalyst] New CRUD/Scaffolding module

Jules Agee julesa at pcf.com
Fri Jun 24 19:16:09 CEST 2005

Mike McKay wrote:
--8<--
> <rant>
> Apologies to the author, but this sentence just pisses me off:
> Modify the $c->form() parameters to match your needs, and don't forget
> to copy the templates. ;)
> I am pretty sure that wink is there to piss me off: Wink - you have no
> idea what I just said - wink. No wonder us Catalyst newbies are
> struggling with scaffolding.
> </rant>

I almost spewed coffee all over my keyboard. I was thinking the exact
same thing. :-)

> I think most people that do use Catalyst will be the learn-from-example
> types. It would be really helpful to over-comment the code that is being
> used for the examples. I mean, I am eventually understanding it and
> debug and Data::Dumper helps, but a brief comment would really speed me
> on my way.

Seconded. After reading the manual a couple times, I was pretty well
stuck until I found the example apps. Additional comments in the apps
(especially ServerDB) explaining each step in detail would be very much
appreciated.

--8<--
> Keep up the great work, and hopefully I will be able to add to the
> documentation once I get my head around everything.

Hopefully I'll be able to help with the docs too. Thanks for putting
together such a sweet package, guys.

-Jules