[Catalyst] OT: Javascript question

samwyse samwyse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:01:42 CEST 2005

On 6/25/05, Marcus Ramberg <marcus at thefeed.no> wrote:
> Rob Kinyon skrev:
>
> >Within Prototype, it's Form.serialize( 'form_name' )
> >
> >If you want, I've written documentation for prototype (but the author
> >never replied back to me when I offered it to him).
> >

> I've also got some prototype documentation in HTML::Prototype::JS. Would
> be nice if we could consolidate what you've got with what's already
> there. Either mail me what you got and I'll merge it in, or even nicer,
> send me a unified diff :-)

Since I somehow completely missed the existance of prototype.js,
documentation would be a good thing, as would some mention on the main
Catalyst perldocs.  I've been going the DIY route using SACK
(http://twilightuniverse.com/projects/sack/), which is pretty darn
simple and would seem to be a good fit with Catalyst.  Here's an
example of it's use:

<script>
ajax = new sack('/hops/beer/simple_list');
ajax.element = 'myexamplediv';
ajax.setVar(this_var, 'some data');
ajax.setVar(that_var, 'more data');
ajax.runAJAX(mydata);