[Catalyst] Help with static and RegEx

Mike McKay mike at vdomck.org
Wed Jun 29 11:38:17 CEST 2005

Will Hawes wrote:
> I think ideally Catalyst should test for that and throw an error.

That would be great.

By the way, below is what I finally came up with. Not that I think this
is best practice, or even the assumed usage for Catalyst::Plugin::Static
but in case it would be useful to have some more code in the docs. I
need to to make it ignore case, like m/foo/i - but I don't now how to do
it with the Regex notation - can anyone help?

# want to match booking/style.css
# and style.css
# match anything after the last slash that is not a slash
sub staticFiles : Regex('^.*?/*([^/]*\.(css|js|html))$') {
     my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
     my ($file, $extension) = @{ $c->req->snippets };
     $c->req->path( "$file" );
     $c->serve_static;
}

sub images : Regex('^.*?/*([^/]*\.(jpg|png|gif|ico))$') {
     my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
     my ($file, $extension) = @{ $c->req->snippets };
     $c->req->path( "img/$file" );
     $c->serve_static;