[Catalyst] MojoMojo example - errors with database tables

Uwe Voelker uwe.voelker at gmx.de
Sun Mar 20 12:06:52 CET 2005

Hello Richard,

> Sorry, once you get past that Core::User error you will hit another.

How did you get past that error? Worked it after changing the
mojomojo.yml in your home directory?
I had to do a lot of things until I got past that error...

> I forget the exact error, something  ::Preferences is missing.  I assumed

Yep. It seems the complete module is missing...

> In my mind I would rather have 1 or 2 good examples that have been
> verified to work than a 100 page manual in pdf, html, dvi, eps, doc,
> xml, tex,latex, or parchment.

Examples are essential! But I also like these 100 page manuals :-)

I will give Catalyst time to develop further. If the speed of the last
weeks continue, we will have version 10 before summer :-)

In the meantime I continue with CGI::Builder. I just thought Catalyst
has more to offer (plugins/functionality) and wanted to give it a try.
But maybe it's just too new/hot...

Good bye,
Uwe