[Catalyst] Sessions vs. Stack - what's the difference?

Kevin Old kevinold at gmail.com
Mon May 2 21:42:37 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,

I ran across the Catalyst::Plugin::Session::FastMmap plugin and
wondered what the difference is between it and the Stack?

The purpose of a session is to allow the different web processes to
pass data among themselves, but it seems that the stack already does
this?  Correct?

I've decided that I want to migrate an exisiting web app I have
running on Mason and a few modules over to the Catalyst framework.  My
current app has sessions and I was wondering if I should implement
sessions (with Catalyst::Plugin::Session::FastMmap) or just use the
stack?

Thanks for any help,
Kevin
--