[Catalyst] Catalyst::Build ignores install_base argument for extras

Juan Camacho jc5826 at gmail.com
Sat May 7 14:46:51 CEST 2005

I'm not entirely sure if I just don't know enough about the new
Build.PL or if the Catalyst::Build is not doing the right thing with
the install_base argument.

> perl Build.PL install_base=/home/jcamacho
> ./Build
> ./Build install_extras
Installing extras to /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/TWST/Roadshow

The Catalyst::Build documention is quite sparse, so I peeked at the
code. I think the install_extas action expects to use the destdir
argument, but that's not my desired result.

> perl Build.PL destdir=/home/jcamacho
> ./Build
> ./Build install_extras
Installing extras to
/home/jcamacho/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/TWST/Roadshow

Ultimately I would like the root directory for example to end up at
/home/jcamacho/root, e.g. parallel to where lib, man and script end up
when I use the install_base argument.

I figured I'll ask to see if I'm missing something obvious here, or if
in fact, Catalyst::Build just didn't take into account for installing
into a non-system directory.

If it's a bug I'll be happy to supply a patch once I figure out how to
use Module::Build :)