[Catalyst] Catalyst::Model::CDBI and AutoCommit/autoupdate

Frank Wiegand frank.wiegand at gmail.com
Fri May 20 21:58:17 CEST 2005

Perrin Harkins schrieb:

> Which option isn't working?  You realize AutoCommit and autoupdate() do
> different things, right?

Oh, yes. My fault. I wanted and want to have an option to turn
autoupdate() off. I saw this »AutoCommit« thing and felt lucky (and
stopped thinking).

This has already been discussed last month, but there was no definitive
answer why autoupdate() is on by default.

With every Catalyst release I have to patch my copy of CDBI.pm to turn
autoupdate() off, because it does not work with my CDBI triggers.

Frank