[Catalyst] Request for comments on Catalyst::Model::Tangram

Sam Vilain sam at vilain.net
Tue Nov 1 06:32:02 CET 2005

Hi all,

I've just been working on an experimental version of
Catalyst::Model::Tangram, which I hope will develop into a workable
model for building Catalyst applications which use Tangram models.  Many
thanks to Andres Kievsky for the original version which is in the main
Catalyst repo.

The main code for review is at

http://svn.utsl.gen.nz/trunk/Catalyst-Model-Tangram/lib/Catalyst/Model/Tangram.pm

It's just an idea at this point, but what's there does support schema
auto-deploy; and hopefully via the T2 modules, it will be possible to do
gimmicks like scaffolding and approach some of the schema migration
issues alluded to in the documentation.

In particular, I'm not sure if it's right to just go ahead and define
methods like "open", "is_open", "deploy" and "retreat" in the model base
class - perhaps more distinguishing names are a good idea, so they don't
interfere with users of the model class?

Any comments, suggestions or rotten vegetables?

Sam.